Since I’ve been vegan, I’ve always come across so many ice cream recipes that use a banana for the base. I decided to give it a shot and make my own. I still prefer using coconut milk as the base because it creates more volume without dominating in flavor. I then thought, what other flavor pairs well with banana?….PEANUT BUTTER! After you make this ice cream, the options you have for toppings are endless. Pretzels, chocolate, shredded coconut, etc.
- ¾ cup pitted dates (approx 15 dates)
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk*
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place metal mixing bowl and paddle attachment in the freezer.
- Combine pitted dates, banana, and coconut milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. Ensure there aren't any small date pieces left!
- Remove mixing bowl and paddle attachment from the freezer and attach to a standing mixer. Begin mixing on slow speed.
- Gradually add peanut butter, then vanilla extract and salt.
- Line a metal freezer-safe container with tin foil and transfer ice cream. Cover with more tin foil and freeze for 4 hours before eating.
Try combining this ice cream with my Vegan GF Chocolate Cookies!