You know what always seems to make life better? Cookies. Even better yet – CHOCOLATE cookies! This recipe is so simple with only 10 ingredients and 30 minutes of your time – your kitchen will be smelling like chocolate heaven. The most difficult part of making the perfect cookie is being patient and allowing them to cool when they come out of the oven. Yes, we’ve all been there – burning our tongues, hands, and roof’s of our mouths because we can’t wait. Patience young padawan. Also, this recipe is for my fellow fans of the chewy-gooey cookie.
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup cane sugar or stevia
- ½ Banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon iodized salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper or cookie sheets. Lightly grease with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Place 1 cup of the dairy free chocolate chips in a small saucepot with coconut oil over low heat and whisk until smooth.*
- Transfer the melted chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the cane sugar, then add in the mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips until they're fully incorporated.
- Portion 10 cookies using a ¼ measuring cup onto the baking sheets.*
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.
You may need to do 2 batches of 5 cookies if your baking trays aren't big enough.
I use the 'Enjoy Life' brand of dairy free chocolate chips
Recipe adapted from Baker By Nature