Avocados are the best. Fact. When I have them in my kitchen – I love making guacamole and putting them on sandwiches. But then I thought – why not use them as the base for a pasta dish? It was at that point, my Avocado Pesto was born. I also have a spiralizer that hasn’t been getting too much use, so I ended up spiralizing some zucchini to go along with this sauce. It’s definitely a healthier option than your typical box of pasta. It also cuts down on your time! To make pasta, you don’t have to boil the water, cook the noodles, and then strain them. Less cooking – more eating. Sounds good.
So good. 🙂
- 2 large zucchinis
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp each salt + black pepper (add to taste)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Assemble your spiralizer. Wash each zucchini and cut the ends off. Proceed to spiralize each into a large bowl.
- Remove pits from avocados and place in another large bowl.
- Using a whisk, mash the avocado until it is thick and creamy like guacamole.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Using tongs, transfer and toss the zoodles into the bowl with your avocado pesto and even coat them.
- Transfer to serving plate and top with halved cherry tomatoes. (I like to top mine off with more basil, parsley, and nutritional yeast!)
This recipe yields 2 cups of avocado pesto.